Loan Pawning period
Loans run for 30 days, (A 30 day contract is drawn up) however there is no minimum time to wait before paying for and collecting your vehicle.
We have ABSA, Nedbank, Capitec and First National Bank (FNB) accounts. Payments received are via EFT or Cash.
The amount we can loan you will depends on things such as: make, model, year, mileage and condition of your car.
Bring your spare keys, jack, wheel spanner, service books and user manual along and we will give you a better rate of interest against the asset you pawn.
Before Northside Pawnbrokers can loan you money against your vehicle, we have to make sure it meets our requirements and that you can be properly identified.
- Must be currently registered in the customer’s name ( The owner will need to be present at time of document inception)
- Must be roadworthy. (Drivable) have a valid license disc
- The vehicle must BE FREE OWNED PAID OFF (Financed vehicles are NOT ACCEPTED)
- Code 2 used vehicles only ( REBUILT VEHICLES AND CODE 3 NOT ACCEPTED)
VEHICLE OWNERS ID REQUIREMENTS ( Check below for images of documents required )
- Current Drivers Licence
- Current registration papers (VALID LOGBOOK) RC1
- Utility Bill ( example Ethekwini lights water or Telkom bill)
- Certified South African ID book or card
- Proof of purchase ( Documents that state you have purchase the said vehicle eg sales agreement )
SHOULD YOU PAWN YOUR CAR AND STILL DRIVE IT??(PLEASE NOTE – ITS ILLEGAL WE DO NOT PROMOTE IT )
Do you want to pawn your car and still drive it? Sounds like a great deal? Not really !!! Reality is that it’s expensive, complicated AND ILLEGAL !!!
Before you ‘pawn your car and still drive it’, consider the following:
- You’ll go through a complicated and time consuming approval process. This will require the submission of an application including payslips and bank statements which takes about a week.
- If approved you’ll usually have to hand over the ownership of your vehicle. You might still be driving your car, but won’t own it !!
- A tracking unit is fitted onto your vehicle. You have no privacy. You will be monitored 24hrs a day.
- If you want your car back, you will have to buy it back from the lender at a future date. Remember the lender is not forced to sell the vehicle back to you. Legally you have no rights to get them to sell it back to you.
- Lenders are legally entitled to sell , trade or rent the vehicle to whoever they wish to and you dont have a say in the matter.
- Pawn and Drive lenders lie to you that they are NCR accredited. This is also illegal and you will most probably loose your vehicle in this process.
- Remember these are all facts above. Pawn and drive lenders will deny all the facts above. BE CAREFULL!!
- It is expensive. It’s usually a lot cheaper and easier to pawn your car with us, and rent another car.
In comparison, Northside Pawnbrokers makes pawning your car as quick, affordable and convenient as possible.
When you pawn your vehicle with Northside Pawnbrokers:
- You’ll bring your car in and leave with your money. It’s immediate. No complicated application or approval processes apply.
- You’ll benefit from the cheapest rates.
- Our rates are so low that you can go out and hire a car for the duration of the loan.
- You won’t lose ownership of your vehicle, we only hold it as security.
- You can usually obtain a higher loan amount than you would if you sold it with an option of buying it back later.
- You vehicle is safe and secure and insured.
We encourage you to compare costs and do your own research. You will find us to be the better and less expensive option – even with car hire included. For more information, please contact us on – 031 – 5695489